Edge PM – Summer Sessions
Most Sundays in the summertime, we’ll meet together and have fun at various locations. Be sure to check the calendar for location info!
Current Series: “My New Life With Jesus”
Deciding to follow Jesus is cause for massive celebration—both on earth and in heaven. The phrase “life-changing” definitely applies. Although this kind of commitment brings an initial rush of excitement, the freshness of a newfound faith can dissipate, leaving students unsure about what comes next.
This series of small group discussions will help all teenagers—new and longtime Christians alike—think about important aspects of the faith journey. They’ll have opportunities to ask questions, explore the Bible, and grow their relationship with Jesus.
Here’s what we’ll talk about each week:
- June 11: Being a new creation in Christ (Ephesians 2:8-10)
- June 18: (no youth group – it’s Father’s Day!)
- June 25: Going away party for Stetlers @ Stonegate, 6-8pm
- July 2: (no youth group – 4th of July weekend!)
- July 9: Reading the Bible (Hebrews 4:12)
- July 16: Praying (Luke 11:1-4)
- July 23: Walking with other Christians (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- July 30: Having friends who spur them on (Philippians 2:3-4)
- August 6: Sharing their faith (2 Corinthians 5:18-20)
- August 13: Dealing with doubt (Genesis 17:1-6, 15-22; 18:1-15)
- August 20: Learning what makes a healthy church (Acts 2:42-47)
Don’t forget to check out the student book behind this discussion series, The Essential Guide to My New Life With Jesus by Scott Rubin. It makes for a great component to what we’ll be talking about!